About the Client – The Client is a subsidiary in India of a Norwegian company which inter alia provides full outsourcing of business functions for all payroll and personnel services to enterprises. Apart from delivering payroll and HR processes with one common IT solution across geographies, the client also provides analytics and reporting solution.
Our Association and work- We started working with the client in the year 2015 when it was yet to start it business operations and was inactive from compliance perspective for over four years since its incorporation. We have been providing corporate secretarial and legal services to the client, primarily in the following areas:
Legal Advisory on Commercial Contracts:
• Drafting and review of non-compete & non-disclosure agreements;
• Drafting/vetting of master service agreements.
HR Related Advisory:
• Drafting of employment contracts to protect the interest of the client, also keeping in perspective the amount spent by the Client on training of its employees;
• Advisory on matters related to Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013;
• Advisory on steps to be undertaken before termination of employment to minimize the risk of legal action against the client.
• Issuance of legal notice to employees who were in breach of employment contracts.
• Complete analysis of the Corporate Secretarial compliance status of the Indian entity since incorporation, identified the gaps and thereafter came back with an action plan to revive back the Indian entity.
• Regularized all its compliance’s and advised them on the structure in order to make the Indian entity a wholly owned subsidiary of its overseas parent entity.
• Compliance and reporting under foreign exchange compliances.
We continue to be associated with the client and provide legal services, compliance support under Companies Act & FEMA. We also directly deal with the non-resident directors educating them on the Indian regulatory requirements and hand hold them at each step.
While our Clients have grown immensely in size and complexity so has our relationship with our client which is valuable and rewarding.